Sunday, August 30, 2015

Catching up

Well friends I really do hope this finds you well. Here in Burbank California things are rolling ahead. Just like the Blues Brothers. On a mission from God. I'm very busy with a great deal of positive stuff evolving and emanating from my school. The form it will take is still coming together but it's getting clearer. Especially in light of the changes that are rapidly happening in Hollywood.

It's exciting and amazing. The combination of forces such as the declining trend in TV viewership and the rise of online streaming. The progressing lawsuit against all the major animation studios in Hollywood for colluding with each other to keep artist wages down. The very successful 3 year contract negotiations the animation union has just won. The emergence of crowdfunding and its impact on business. It's all coming together in a perfect storm that's leading to an era of what I'm going to term as the power artist. Or the era of artist power. Something like that.

It's very thrilling and I'm super excited to be here in the heart of and part of all this activity and new thinking. The animation community is experiencing a unique phase right now and my school is in the whirlwind.

That's what's going on. I intend on getting back to creative fun and I want to especially say hello to the Crash Bandicoot fans who frequent my blog and make it special. And to all visitors of course! Thanks everyone and we'll get rockin' soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish the best ot you and your school and hope to see more in the upcoming future ;)